Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thoughts today

I'm just sitting here preparing for a job interview tomorrow - 31 years after I started working in libraries. I'm astounded by the developments that have occurred in that time: when I started there were no computers at all in the libraries I worked in; we had to put date stamps onto cards which we placed into the books being borrowed then took photos of the cards - and that was the only way to keep a record of who had what! What a huge difference from today.

2 comments:

  1. How times have changed. I remember using the Brown system (prior to photocharging) where we would manual write the customers id no. on each book card and then file the cards each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember too, what a wealth of experience we have in libraries as a reault!
    PS check out my remeniscences on my blog

    ReplyDelete